Due to a succession arrangement, we are looking for an industry-savvy Head of Laboratory (m/f/d) for a permanent full-time position.
AniCura Tierärztliches Labor Freiburg GmbH is a top equipped laboratory specialised in infection medicine within the AniCura Group. We support veterinary clinics
and practices in the diagnosis, therapy and prevention of infectious diseases in small and large animals. We focus on the patients’ needs and act in a strongly client-oriented way. With our dynamic team, we strive for science-based solutions and develop new diagnostic tools for veterinary care. The laboratory is an accredited training centre for veterinary specialists in parasitology as well as Diplomate EVPC, EBVS European Veterinary Specialist in Parasitology.
- You are responsible for leading the team, the budget and a six-figure turnover, on top you supervise all the processes in a diagnostic laboratory
- You represent the company internally and externally and build the bridge between the operative daily business in the laboratory and the interests of the shareholders
- You develop a location-specific market development plan and ensure that it is executed in line with the overall strategy of AniCura
- Your personal focus is on business development and development of new diagnostic tools. By stabilising customer relationships and expanding cooperation between AniCura locations, you will secure the basis for sustainable growth
- As a driving force, you continuously initiate the automation of process flows in the laboratory and promote innovative solutions
- The coordination of collaborations with internal and external contractors lies in your hands as well as the coordination of interactions with central functions.
- The office is located in Freiburg im Breisgau with the possibility to work from home when it suits the daily business
- You report to the Country Manager of the German Holding
- You have worked in a contract laboratory for many years
- You are a talented people manager and ideally you have leadership experience in a veterinary or human laboratory
- Customer orientation and service mentality goes hand in hand with strong sense of organization
- You welcome flat hierarchies and you have result-oriented hands-on mentality
- You have a degree in natural sciences, ideally veterinary medicine, paired with business knowledge or comparable training
- A specialist diploma in microbiology or parasitology is desirable (e.g. ECVM, EVPC)
- You speak German and are willing to travel sporadically
- A safe workplace equipped with the latest technology
- Benefits and career opportunities within the diverse and dynamic AniCura Group
- An open minded, appreciative, collegial team in which AniCura’s values are lived
- Attractive, performance-based salary, professional training and a good work-life balance
- Employment in the area of Germany with the most hours of sun and grate possibilities for recreation
AniCura is a European family of animal hospitals and clinics offering a full range of veterinary care services, with focus on specialised care. AniCura is represented by over 350 clinics in 13 countries.
We look forward to receiving your application!